9 DAY PHOTO SAFARI DURING THE CALVING SEASON
March 1-9 2019
(these are images from past Safaris and though we will see the same animal species they do not reflect the calving with green grasses)
Join Jim and Kathy Stamates in Tanzania for the Safari of a lifetime when nearly 2 million herbivores are giving birth in what is known as synchronized calving. March will enhance our chances for even more exceptional wildlife experiences.
We are always striving to improve our FunShops™, so here it is, your Adventure begins now!
EMAIL for more information
March 1-9 2019
50% deposit reserves your spot. EMAIL TO RESERVE NOW
(Minimum 6 Maximum 10)
This is what sets our African Safari Adventure apart from all the rest.
VIP arrival services; includes the cost of your Tanzania entry visa pre-paid and a Private Officer to assist you through Immigration, Baggage, and Customs.
Photography assistance by professional wildlife photography team; Jim and Kathy Stamates
Lodging and Meals:
All meals and lodging from arrival in Arusha until departure from Arusha back home.
All Luxury Tent Camps are strategically located for best access to wildlife.
Porterage at all accommodations.
Membership in AMREF (emergency medical evacuation to Nairobi Hospital if required)
All in-country travel including airport transfers.
Professional Guides/Drivers with experience leading professional photographers
Unlimited daily mileage for all game drives.
Maximum of 3 photographers per vehicle
Seating: 1 row per photographer. Typical 7-passenger 4×4 Land Rover Safari vehicles have3 rows of seats with 2 seats per row one on each side and a center aisle, plus a front seat next to the driver. Each photographer will have 1 row so he/she will be unencumbered to shoot out of either side of the vehicle and have plenty of room for gear. Vehicles have open tops to shoot out of as well. Non-shooters get to sit in front with the driver/guide.
Beans to fill bean bags for photography, some bean bags may be provided.
ITINERARY: (subject to change)
March 1 Day 1 Arrival and Overnight:
Arrive Kilimanjaro Airport with KLM and transfer to Arusha Coffee Lodge in Arusha. VIP Services on arrival. Dinner included.
March 2 – Day 2: Bush flight to Serengeti National Park
Depart Arusha Coffee Lodge at 7am for Arusha Airport. At 8am we take our first bush flight to Seronera Airstrip in Central Serengeti. Arrive at 10am and go on a game drive for the rest of the day. Proceed to Kiota Camp for dinner and overnight. (B, L, D)
The Central Serengeti ecosystem is famous for its cat populations and is a great place to find leopards and lions at the Maasai, Simba and Moru Kopjes. Kopjes are granite rock outcroppings where the cats hang out and have their young. Central Serengeti is also the best place to find many other species including elephants, giraffe, ostrich, hippo, and cape buffalo.
March 3 – Day 3: Serengeti National Park
Full day of game drives in Central Serengeti. Meals and overnight at Kiota Camp. (B, L, D)
March 4 – Day 4: Serengeti National Park to Ndutu
Serengeti morning game drive. After the game drive, continue on to Ndutu. The drive to Ndutu is approximately 2.5 hours from Central Serengeti. Game drive for the rest of the day. Dinner and overnight at Chaka Camp. (B, L, D)
4 Full days of game drives in Ndutu and surrounding areas. The Ndutu plains lies between the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and the Serengeti which allows off-road game drives. Here is where we hope to photograph actual calving. There will be mass herds of Wildebeest, Zebra, and Thomson’s Gazelles with their new borns. Naturally, when there are new borns there are predators. Lions, Cheetahs, Hyenas, Jackals, and Wild Dogs will be out looking to feed themselves and their young. Meals and overnight at Chaka Camp. (B, L, D)
March 9 – Day 9: Ndutu to Arusha
Transfer to Ndutu Airstrip in time for your 11:35am flight to Arusha. Arrive in Arusha at 12:15pm and transfer to Rivertrees. Have a day room with shower and our farewell dinner at Rivertrees where we’ll share our favorite memories of his most unforgettable adventure.
Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport in time for our KLM flight home. (B, L, D)
Email for more information CLICK HERE.
A Safari Planner, including how to prepare for your African Adventure, Pack List, Tip Guide, Camera Gear list, and other important information will be sent upon receipt of deposit.
The cost of the Adventure Tanzania Photo Safari is $8,975 per person double occupancy.
RESERVE your spot today by sending us an EMAIL
Low Impact Wildlife Photography
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96155
- All meals and accommodations from dinner upon arrival to dinner upon departure
- All park, camp and concession fees
- All game drives with maximum 3 photographers per vehicle,
- Private Safari Vehicles with unlimited daily mileage
- Professional Guides/Drivers with experience leading professional photographers
- All local travel including transfers on the official arrival and departure dates and 2 Bush Flights
- Soft drinks, bottled water, and snacks always available
- Tea, Coffee, and Juice available at all camps
- VIP arrival services including the cost of the Tanzania visa pre-paid and a private officer to assist you through Immigration
- Porterage at all accommodations
- Membership in AMREF (emergency medical evacuation to Nairobi Hospital if required)
- Beans to fill your bean bags for camera support
- Exclusions: Price does not include:
- Air Transportation to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), Tanzania and return
- International air and travel insurance
- Tips/gratuities for safari guides and accommodation staff
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic beverages, laundry, and communication needs
- Any changes made to the program once in Tanzania
- Any costs associated with flight delays or cancellations